Recycling carts are collected every other week on your regular trash collection day.
If your recycling did not get picked on your assigned day please call Republic Services at (800) 222-5158.
Whenever a scheduled collection day falls on a holiday, the collection for that day and all remaining collections for the week will be delayed by 1 day. For example, Friday's collection will be on Saturday.
Curbside Collection Guidelines
In order to ensure your recycling is collected properly, please recycle the following:
- Aluminum, foil, tin cans and aerosol cans
- Milk and juice cartons, juice/soymilk boxes
- Glass jars and bottles
- All plastic containers
- Paper books, telephone books
- Flattened cardboard boxes
- Newspapers, magazines,catalogs
- Please break down materials to gain the most cart capacity whenever possible.
In order to ensure you recycling is collected properly, please do not recycle the following:
- Electronics (CRTS drop off only at Bolivar Street Garage)
- Ceramics or dishes
- Food Waste
- Plastic grocery bags
- Motor oil containers
- Hazardous waste containers
- Plastic bags
- Light bulbs, window glass or mirrors
- Yard waste (Drop off only-Pine St Yard Waste Recycling Center)
72 hrs in advance.
White goods (appliances) / CRT’s will now be collected on Wednesdays
of the RED weeks only. Call 1-800-222-5158 to make arrangements for pick-up.
The Yard Waste drop off Recycling Center is located at 99 Pine Street.
YARD WASTE / BULK WASTE / CRT’s & White goods may be dropped off at this location. A $10.00 Sticker is required for YARD WASTE ONLY. The sticker can be purchased at either the Yard Waste Recycling Facility or at the lower level of Town Hall, 801 Washington Street, DPW department. Please provide proof of residency and the license plate number of the vehicle.
NO MOTOR OIL or CHEMICAL CONTAINERS and NO PLASTIC BAGS