Over the next few days
temperatures could reach the middle 90's and the humidity levels will be very
Everyone should take steps to stay cool,
especially older people and young children. Follow these “stay cool” tips:
• Drink plenty of nonalcoholic fluids.
• Wear lightweight, light colored, loose fitting clothing.
• Limit outdoor activity to morning and evening hours.
• Take a cool shower or bath.
• NEVER leave people or pets in a closed, parked vehicle. Temperatures in
enclosed spaces rise very quickly.
• Stay in air-conditioned spaces.
Those needing relief from the heat can go to an air conditioned location.
The Canton Senior Center is open from 8:30am to 4 pm Monday thru Wednesday and the
Library is open from 1 pm to 9 pm on Monday and 10 am until 9 pm on Tuesday and