- Town Clerk
**Notice of Increase in Fees for Vital Records**
The Town Clerk has announced that, in accordance with MGL Chapter 262, Section 34 and MGL Chapter 40, Section 22F, effective July 1st, 2022, the cost of purchasing certified copies of Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates in the Town of Canton will increase to $10 per Certificate.
2023 Election and Town Meeting Schedule
|Tuesday, April 4, 2023||Annual Town Election|
Early Voting available in person and by mail
|polls open 7 am to 8 pm|
|Monday, May 8, 2023||Annual Town Meeting||begins at 7 pm|
Accessible Voting Equipment
Every early voting and polling location will have one accessible voting machine. The AutoMARK Voter Assist Terminal can assist visually impaired voters. It displays the ballot in high-contrast, magnified text and uses audio cues. The AutoMARK can also read you your ballot before you print it out and submit it.
Watch this AutoMARK Video for more information on the AutoMARK Voter Assist Terminal.
Report of Town Clerk to Select Board on Precinct 2 Polling Location Change
NEW PRECINCT MAP (effective December 31, 2021)
Polling locations are as follows:
Precincts 1 and 6 Canton High School, 900 Washington St.
Precincts 2 and 7 Canton Senior Center, 500 Pleasant St.
Precinct 3 Blue Hills Regional School, 800 Randolph St.
Precincts 4 and 5 John F. Kennedy School, 100 Dedham St.
Elections and Voting
Find My Voter Registration Status
Citizen's Guide to Town Meetings
Public Records Officer
- Administers and records all oaths of office
- Maintains General By-Laws
- Posts meetings of all governmental bodies
- Provides access to public records
- Responsible for submission of new by-laws to the Office of the Attorney General for approval
- Certifies notes for borrowing
- Records all-pole locations approved by the Select Board
- Records and certifies all official action of the town, including Town Meeting legislation and appropriations, Planning and Zoning Board decisions
- Records state tax liens and child support enforcement liens
- Provides certified copies of vital records and assists with genealogical research
- Registers all vital events (birth, death, and marriages) occurring within the community and those events occurring elsewhere to Canton residents
Voter Registration & Chief Election Official
- Assists voters interested in running for public office
- Conducts all town, state and federal elections and certifies nomination papers and initiative petitions
- Conducts annual census, annual street lists and assists the Jury Commissioner with the preparation with the Jury List
- Supervises voter registration and absentee balloting
- 2022 State Election Results (PDF)
- 2022 Town Election Results
- December 14, 2021 Special Town Election Results
- 2021 Town Election Results
- 2020 Presidential Election Results
- 2020 State Primary Results
- 2020 Town Election Results
- 2020 Presidential Primary Results
- 05-28-2019 Special Election Results (PDF)
- 2018 State Election Results (PDF)
- 2018 Town Election Results (PDF)
- 2017 Town Election Results (PDF)
- 2016 Presidential Primary Results (PDF)
- 2019 Town Election Results (PDF)
- 2019 Recount Results for Board of Selectmen (PDF)