Purpose: To proactively identify traffic issues in Canton and to present novel solutions for technical and feasibility review.
To listen to the concerns of neighbors and report back on the progress towards addressing those issues.
- Thomas Theodore - Select Board Member
- Chief Ken Berkowitz - Police Chief
- Jason Mello - Town Engineer
- Laura Smead - Town Planner
- Kathy Gibbs McCormick - Citizen at Large
- Heather Cahill - Citizen at Large
- Joseph P. Veneto - Citizen at Large
- Michael Loughran - Select Board Member
- Robert Maddestra - Citizen at Large
- Matthew Issacs - Citizen at Large
- Jill B. Juran - Citizen at Large
Mission and Goals
The committee meets quarterly to discuss traffic concerns in Canton. This includes listening to members of the public and reviewing traffic concern forms. The committee makes periodic recommendations to the Select Board for various projects to address these traffic issues.
Preferred qualifications for volunteers are that it would be helpful to have traffic engineering experience , but not necessary. The approximate time commitment is 3 hours per quarter. Please see the Volunteer Opportunities page for current vacancies on this committee.
All Terms are 1 Year long and are appointed by the Select Board.