Purpose: To proactively identify traffic issues in Canton and to present novel solutions for technical and feasibility review.
To listen to the concerns of neighbors and report back on the progress towards addressing those issues.
- Thomas Theodore - Select Board Member
- Michael Loughran - Select Board Associate Member - Non Voting
- Helena Rafferty - Police Chief
- Vacant - Town Engineer
- Vacant - Town Planner
- Kathy Gibbs McCormick - Citizen at Large
- Heather Cahill - Citizen at Large
- James Quigley - Citizen at Large
- Jordan Jones - Citizen at Large
- Matthew Issacs - Citizen at Large
- Vacancy - Citizen at Large
Mission and GoalsThe committee meets quarterly to discuss traffic concerns in Canton. This includes listening to members of the public and reviewing traffic concern forms. The committee makes periodic recommendations to the Select Board for various projects to address these traffic issues.
Volunteer OpportunitiesPreferred qualifications for volunteers are that it would be helpful to have traffic engineering experience , but not necessary. The approximate time commitment is 3 hours per quarter. Please see the Volunteer Opportunities page for current vacancies on this committee.
All Terms are 1 Year long and are appointed by the Select Board.