- Human Resources Department
- Insurance Information
- Life & Disability Insurance
Life & Disability Insurance
Term Life Insurance / Accidental Death and Dismemberment - Boston Mutual
The Town of Canton offers its employees and retirees $5,000 of basic life insurance/accidental death and dismemberment coverage. Open enrollment for $5,000 basic term life insurance is May, effective July 1st, however, may not be offered every year. Please see yearly open enrollment flyers for additional information.
Optional Term Life Insurance - Boston Mutual Employees may purchase optional term life insurance in the amount of up to five times their annual salary or $400,000 whichever is less. Spousal life insurance can be purchased for up to 50% of your coverage but not more than $50,000. Life insurance can be purchased for dependent children (ages 1 year to 19 years old and up to 25 years old, if a full-time student) in the amount of $5,000.
Monthly premium rates for you and your spouse are based on attained age and change as each moves to a higher age bracket. The total monthly cost to insure all eligible dependent children for life insurance is $.95 per family.
Medical questions will not be required for coverage at or under the guaranteed issue amounts listed:
Less than 60
60 to 69
70 and older
Town of Canton / Canton Public Schools
If ou leave employment with the Town of Canton/Canton Public Schools, term life insurance is portable. You can make payments directly to Boston Mutual for you, your spouse and dependent children's life insurance coverage. Open enrollment for optional term life insurance is May, effective July 1st, however, it may not be offered every year. Please see yearly open enrollment flyers for additional information.
Existing enrollees may apply to increase the amount of their voluntary optional term life insurance during open enrollment by completing the Boston Mutual enrollment form and evidence of insurability form. Coverage is not automatic and is subject to approval by Boston Mutual.
The Town also offers the following benefits: Permanent Life, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability. Learn additional information on these benefits.
- Basic Enrollment/Opt. Out Form (PDF)
- Boston Mutual - Basic Life (PDF)
- Boston Mutual - Voluntary Life (PDF)
- Voluntary Life Premiums (PDF)
- Boston Mutual Beneficiary Change Form (PDF)
- Boston Mutual Evidence of Insurability Form (PDF)
- Permanent Life Insurance Information (PDF)
- Permanent Life Insurance Brochure
- Cancer Expense Plan Information (PDF)
- Cancer Insurance Brochure (PDF)
- Long Term Disability Insurance Information (PDF)
- Long Term Disability Rate Sheet (PDF)
- Short Term Disability Insurance Information (PDF)