Housing Relief Programs

Housing Relief Programs Available to Canton Residents

If you are currently unable to pay your rent or mortgage, you should first contact your landlord/property manager or your lender/servicer of your mortgage.

The Canton Housing Authority provides state aided public housing for elderly, family, and disabled persons. They do not have any federal housing or a Section 8 program (781-828-5144). 

The Department of Elder and Human Services offers a wide range of social services, resources and referrals to residents of all ages.  

Legal Help: The Justice Center of Southeast Mass offers COVID eviction legal help. You can call their intake line at (800) 244-9023 (available Mon-Thurs between 9am and 1:30p) or complete an online inquiry by visiting their website www.sccls.org

Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT): RAFT offers flexible financial assistance designed to meet each family’s particular needs. Eligible uses include moving cost assistance, rent and utility arrears, rental stipends, utility bills. This program helps families who must move but do not have enough money to pay a security deposit, utility startup costs, or first/last month’s rent, and furniture. More information: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/residential-assistance-for-families-in-transition-raft-program

To apply to RAFT :

South Middlesex Opportunity Council

Services: Foreclosure Counseling, RAFT, and ERMA



(508) 620-2402

Housing Program Income Limits -Effective July 1, 2021 - Use the Boston-Cambridge-Quincy Metro Area