Planning Board Applications
Until further notice, Planning Board applications should be submitted online, via email attachments or share-file links to the Town Planner (firstname.lastname@example.org). Form fillable PDFs of all applications and forms are below. One paper copy for our records and fee payments may be mailed or dropped off at Town Hall at the drop location outside the doors. The Town Planner will acknowledge receipt of the application via email, and we will work off the email date of submission.
Planning Board Meetings
In accordance with the Governor’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G. L. c. 30A, § 20, relating to the 2020 novel Coronavirus outbreak emergency, all further meetings of the Canton Planning Board will be held entirely virtually to avoid group congregation.
Alternative public access to this meeting shall be provided in the following manner:
1. The meeting recording will be provided to Canton Cable TV to post online, and play on the local cable station.
2. Real-time public comment can be addressed to the Planning Board utilizing the Zoom virtual meeting software for remote access. This application will allow users to view the meeting and send a comment or question to the Chair via the Chat function. Submitted text comments will be read into the record at the appropriate points in the meeting.
Zoom Login instructions:
1. Browse to the following web address: https://zoom.us/ (IT will provide unique link for each meeting, so consult the most recent agenda for the link. It will also be provided on this website.)
2. For mobile devices (tablets and phones), please go to either ‘Google Play’ [Android] or the IoS ‘App Store’ [iPhones and iPads] and download the free program ‘ZOOM’. Then click the ‘join a meeting’ link and type in ‘(IT will provide a unique number for each meeting)’. If you have not registered with Zoom you will be asked for your name and an e-mail address.
3. Applicants, their representatives and individuals required to appear before the Planning Board will appear remotely and are not required to be physically present. Applicants, their representatives and individuals required to appear before the Planning Board may contact the Planning Department to arrange an alternative means of real time participation if unable to use the Zoom virtual meeting software. Documentary exhibits and/or visual presentations should be submitted in advance of the meeting to the Town Planner (Laura Smead, email@example.com) so that they may be displayed for remote public access viewing.
Planning Board Meeting Recordings
March 18th, 2020