How do I reserve use of the fire pit at Pequitside Farm?

Open fires are prohibited on all Conservation Commission properties with the one exception of the designated fire pit at Pequitside Farm. 

In order to have a fire in the Pequitside fire pit you must first do the following:

1.    Contact the Conservation Department at 781-821-5035 to reserve the time slot for which you wish to use the fire pit. You must provide us with the name and contact information of the responsible party, and number of people who will be in the group.     

2.    Complete a fire permit application (FP-6).  You must submit the permit application to fire prevention office by email to or by mail to the Fire Prevention Division,  99 Revere St., Canton MA 02021.  

The fire pit must be attended a responsible adult at all times, and the fire must be fully extinguished with water before leaving the fire pit unattended.  

Any person who knowingly violates any rule or regulation made by the MA Board of Fire Prevention Regulations shall be subject to a fine of not less than one hundred dollars nor more than one thousand dollars.  

Residents do not need to get a permit for use of a grill at Pequitside. These are first-come, first serve. All grill fires must be fully extinguished after use.  

Show All Answers

1. Does my project need a permit from the Canton Conservation Commission?
2. May I walk my dog on Conservation Commission properties?
3. How do I reserve use of the fire pit at Pequitside Farm?
4. May I dedicate a bench at Pequitside Farm in memory of a loved one?
5. Is Pequitside Farm available for private rentals?